Mould can quickly cause health problems for house occupants. The presence of these microscopic fungi should not be overlooked. In the event of contamination (or even suspicion), action must be taken quickly. Do you live in Waterloo? At Ventilo Exp’air, we can treat this type of problem effectively and sustainably.
The presence of mold in interior spaces presents health risks. The spores, invisible to the naked eye, can be inhaled. This can lead to a variety of respiratory problems. These include allergies, nasal irritation and cold-like symptoms.
Exposure to mold can aggravate symptoms in sensitive individuals. This is the case for people suffering from asthma or immune disorders. In addition, some strains produce mycotoxins. These toxic compounds can have harmful effects on health. Whether inhaled or in contact with the skin.
Humidity is the main factor in mold growth. There are a number of situations that foster the creation of an environment conducive to their development:
What’s more, poor ventilation can cause damp air to stagnate. Porous building materials such as wood and plaster are also potential targets. These materials can absorb moisture, providing an ideal substrate for mold.
Dealing with invasive mold in your home is a tricky business. Entrust us with this mission! We have the necessary equipment to handle decontamination. With our experience and know-how, we do this safely and efficiently.